Saturday, August 8, 2009

1 week and 4 days old

So Ellasyn has been with us for just over a week and a half already. Here is what I have learned in that short period of time:
  • How to change a diaper
  • How to function on little to no sleep
  • How to heat up a bottle
  • How to dress a baby, getting arms in sleeves is no easy task
  • Doctors make you feel like a bad parent with all the questions they ask about feeding and diaper changes when your baby isnt gaining weight
  • To always remember the diaper bag... Opps!
  • Everyone tries to tell you how to raise your kid, or offers suggestions on what you should be doing, Annoying!
  • Ellasyn likes her car seat
  • Soothie pacifiers are like crack to a fussy kid.

Here are some pictures of Ellasyn not wrapped up like a burrito!

4 comments:

  1. People will always give advice, use what you like, ignore what you don't like. You know Ellasyn best, so don't let other people discourage you! Hang in there and can't wait to meet her on Monday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! Congrats to you both...she's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so precious and I know I have said it before, but I love her name. I also agree with AJ...people will always offer advice. I have learned to filter out what I disagree with :) Hope Ellasyn starts gaining some weight!!

    ReplyDelete