Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Im Going to be a Dad!?!?!?

My name is Brian, and I am going to be a Dad soon. I thought it would be fun to blog about my new journey through Fatherhood. I can't guarantee I will update this often as this is new to me, but I am giving it a shot.
Currently my wife (Amanda) is 33 weeks along. It seems like just yesterday Amanda and I were on our way to the gun range for an afternoon of shooting handguns, half way there Amanda looks at me and says "I have something to tell you, but I don't want you to be mad at me." After I had to pinkie swear that I wouldn't be mad at the thing she had to tell me about, she says "I think I'm pregnant!" How could I be mad at that? I was so happy I wanted to call everyone I knew, but we decided to hold off until the doctor confirmed it.
SO now with only 6weeks to go until the due date, I am wondering where all the time has gone. There is still so much to do! The babies room is only 1/2 way done (that's another blog in itself), numerous gifts from the showers need to be assembled, I need to build up a bank of sleep ( I hear I wont get much), and several other projects around the house that have been started need to be finished. Why didn't I do all this while unemployed?
Yesterday we got to see our baby in 3D! It was so cool, even if Baby Lang didn't want to cooperate for the camera. I end my 1st blog with some pictures from the 3D Ultrasound.

1 comment: